Saturday, February 27, 2010

Carol's Peach Cobbler

Carol is a very sweet friend that shared this with me. This is the quickest cobbler recipe I've seen yet and is an excellent standby for those last minute desserts. She said she always kept a jar of peaches in the pantry because you never knew when you would need something quick.

1 can/jar of peachs
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 stick butter

She said you litterally "dump" the first three ingredients into a 9x13 baking dish in this order and then sliver the butter on top. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Carol told me it was the perfect amount of time to enjoy dinner and then have dessert hot out of the oven.

We love to buy fresh peaches in the summer. We always slice some to freeze for smoothies. The quart sized bags of frozen peaches are perfect for this recipe. I thaw a bag in the microwave for a couple minutes and dump it into a baking dish. I prefer a deeper dish that isn't as wide. I admit I do mix everything together first, but it all works out the same. I also add a little cinnamon and/or nutmeg. Top it off with a little yogurt or ice cream and it is the perfect dessert! Thanks Carol for sharing!!

No comments: